CALL FOR PAPERS and announcement of the 1st national life assurance SUMMIT
Ethiopian Reinsurance SC a.k.a. (Ethio-Re) promotes calls for papers for the first national life assurance summit to share evidence and experiences related to challenges and opportunities of life assurance and how the business can be scaled up considering its untapped potential in Ethiopia.
- WHEN: The summit shall take place on 25-26 of February 2021,
- VENUE: Hyatt Regency Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,
- THEME: “Breathing Life into the Life Assurance Business”
- PARTNERS: Addis Ababa University, Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency, and Association of Ethiopian Insurers.
- EVENT OWNER: Ethiopian Reinsurance SC (Ethio-Re).
PAPER SUBMISSION TOPICS
We invite submission of research papers that connect to the life assurance business. We particularly encourage research that informs decisions related to the business of life assurance and public policy, including perspectives on the economic impact for the insurance industry and how to curb structural challenges in the way forward.
Topics of particular interest include but are not limited to:
- Strategic, policy, and regulatory issues:
- The role of government in the development of life assurance;
- Critical Success Factors to Drive Life Business, Challenges and opportunities of long-term insurance in Ethiopia;
- The conducive legal and regulatory landscape for the development of life assurance;
- Strategic and policy issues and structural problems at the macro, meso, and micro level that hinder the development of the life insurance business in Ethiopia;
- Regional, continental and global market trends and lessons to be drawn, including Potential lessons from the sudden and deep economic impact;
- Life insurance industry
- Issues concerning life assurance products, rating and awareness creation;
- The role of IT, cost-effective delivery channels, and the question of affordability;
We welcome submissions of both theoretical and empirical manuscripts.
- Manuscripts submitted will be evaluated with similar expectations of rigor and carefulness, although given the pressing nature of the call for papers and rapid associated changes, we aim for an expedited review process.
- For authors seeking early feedback about potential research ideas or proposals, we established an optional pre-review process, where members of the editorial team agree to provide ad-hoc reviews.
- Ethio-Re will provide a recognition certificate and a reasonable sum to those who produced and presented papers at the workshop.
- The proceedings of the Annual Life Assurance Forum will be published and distributed by Ethio-Re in the first journal of Ethio-Re and on the website.
Rising with Africa!