Ethiopian Re held its Second Annual General Meeting and First Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders’ on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 from 8:00 am, for half day, at the Hilton Addis conference room, in accordance with the provisions of articles 418 & 419 of the Commercial Code of Ethiopia, 1960, Insurance Corporate Governance Directive No.SIB/42/2015 of National Bank of Ethiopia and Article 9 and 10 of the Company’s Articles of Association, to deliberate on the following agenda items:
To consider and approve the agenda items of the meeting;
- To hear and approve the Company’s annual report by the BOD;
- To hear and approve the accounts for the year ended 30th June,2017 and receive the external auditors report thereon;
- Election for replacement of Board Director (1 individual member);
- To appoint the Company’s external auditors and fix their remuneration;
- To note and approve remuneration for BOD;
- To elect Board nomination committee members and fix their fee; and
- Approval of minutes of the meeting.
The following issues were also covered by the 1st Extraordinary General Meeting of shareholders:
- To consider and approve the agenda items of the meeting;
- To consider and approve amendment of Memorandum of Association of the Company;
- To consider and approve amendment of Articles of Association of the Company; and
- Approval of the extraordinary minutes of the meeting.